PLA CONFERENCE

Friday, April 8, 2016

Disc Repair!

This post will be of probably zero interest to anyone besides myself and Jacquie.
Jacquie had given me a heads up about a disc repair machine vendor so I made a point to seek them out. Elm USA offers pay as you go disc repair. You do not pay for the machine, nor the supplies, nor the shipping. The cost is only per disc, 25 cents per disc (up to 400 discs/month, after that there are price breaks). No contract and no minimum use. It is darn near silent and does not require multiple grains of pads and liquids. Library nerd in me coming out, but this machine and program is pretty exciting.

2 comments :

  1. Don't worry, you are with your people, we are a community of nerds! And as a fellow SDI green, oooh data and information!

    We don't have blu-rays in the library yet, not sure if there are ever plans to add them - but I am curious if we do add them - do disc repair machines repair blu-rays?

    ReplyDelete